Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Years Resolution

Someone every year makes their self a new years resolution that consists of getting healthier, losing weight, and becoming a better person. Well, I am one of those people, I always make a resolution that consists of losing weight and never stick to it! So I'm stuck making the same resolution the next year and this turns into a viscious cycle! Well NO MORE! I'm sick of being fat and unhealthy! I WILL do something about it this year or it WILL be the death of me..and I'm not joking. Earlier this year I went to the doctor and was told I had high cholesterol, I'm too young for that. I am 25, married with 2 kids and don't have time to be unhealthy. I don't want my next doctors visit to say Im diabetic or something worse so I'm going to fix this here and now and I'm going to do it on my own terms, my own determination, my own will power. I am 100lbs over weight and that sounds so overwhelming. So I've decided to start small, make small goals at and do this in increments of 5-10 lbs at a time. I'm still going to eat what I want, but I am doing it in a controlled manner. I will make better decisions about what I eat, use proportion sizes, drink lots of water and add in some exercise. Now, I'm 100 lbs overweight according to the doctor's chart. If I weighed 100 lbs less then I do now, I would be skin and bones and that's not what I want. I can stand to lose 90 though and look good at this weight. I'm embarrassed of my weight and what I look like in pictures, but I will go ahead and say that I am 216lbs as of this morning. The last time I weighed that I was 9 months pregnant with my daughter and she is 5. I have been gaining a lot of weight here recently and fast and I'm not sure why so I'm going to start this new lifestyle today and if for some reason it's not working I will go to the doctor and find out why. Until then I'm going to do my part and see what happens.

With all that said, I woke up this morning and ate something bad :(, then I got online and started looking around at ways to lose weight. EXERCISE..is the only way this is going to work. I worked out for 7.5 minutes and was wore out! But felt better already.. so a few minutes later I got on my treadmill and walked/jogged  for another 10 minutes. That is more then I have done in a long time and it took everything I had just to do that. But, I noticed a difference first thing after I did that. I am shooting for 64 oz of water a day and a minimum of 20 minutes of exercise (to start) a day for 3 days. Now remember, this is just to start. I'm out of shape and it takes some training for the body to get where it needs to be. After about 2 weeks, I will up my workout rountine time and add in some more exercises. I photographed myself this morning, but I'm not going to post those right now..when I get more comfortable I will do that.

So.. starting weight is 216, weight loss goal is 90lbs..BUT i'm shooting for 10 right now. Once I get to 10, I will add 10 more and so on. I will weigh in once a week and post results. For anyone who is following, feel free to comment with tips, or your own goals! The more motivation for each of us the better... and when someone is doing it with you, it makes it so much easier! Good luck to myself and any followers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment